Are you interested in selling your home? Are you looking for ways to sell your home faster? Well today I'm going to give you seven tips to sell your home faster!
[Click the link below to watch the video, or read below the steps detailed]
- The first thing to think about doing is cleaning. You want to do a very deep clean and get down in the corners, crevices, ceilings and the closets; everywhere that the buyer is going to look when they're looking at your home. They will open the closets. They will open the cabinets so just get everything cleaned out. You may want to get a storage building, just so everything can get a very deep clean. This will help you declutter and depersonalize your home. Anything that you have setting out: magazines, books, stacked up bills - all that stuff needs to be put away. Take pictures off the wall, anything with names or anything like that should be put away; that also helps for your safety - when putting pictures online that you don't want your names of your family members on the walls.
- Second thing to do is invest in repairs. You can do a pre-listing inspection so the inspector can give you a list of things that will come up on a buyer's inspection and get them fixed before they even look at your home. They will see that the house is move in ready and you care of things that have been on your to-do list. Make sure all the outlets work, all the light bulbs are working, none of the faucets are leaky, no stains in the carpets. Make sure it's all in working order. The buyer will feel like you've taken care of all the little things and if they can't see anything that is wrong, then they'll feel like everything is working with the house and be more comfortable with making an offer.
- Keep in mind you want to think about both the inside and the outside of the home. On the inside you might want to think about doing some staging: you don't want to have a lot of pieces of furniture because the less furniture is going to make your rooms seem a lot bigger. On the outside, consider power washing, paint your front door. You want curb appeal as well as when they're walking in the door. You might want to plant some flowers; if it's not the right time of the year to plant, then you may want to put some pots by the front door. If not a pot it, might be fall, you could put some pumpkins and some mums. If it's Christmas time, you could put a wreath on the front door. Just make it inviting as they come in the front door, before they even get inside.
- Consider sweetening the deal for the buyer: you could offer the buyer early occupancy, so that they could move in before closing. When they do make an offer and they ask for repairs, you can make all the repairs or offer repair credit so that the buyer can get the house repaired as they wish by whom they wish. You can offer to pay the buyers' closing costs. You can offer to pay for a home warranty so even if there are things that may happen after closing, the buyer can get them repaired with little out of pocket as possible.
- Make sure that you do it right the first time! When you consider pricing, you don't want to price your home too high because even the average buyer will realize when a house is priced higher than the market. You also don't want to price it too low because then they'll be wondering what's wrong with the house: does it need a bunch of repairs? Is it in a bad area? You do want to price it right the first time, so the home spends as little days on the market as possible. Consider the timing: What time of year are you going to put on the market? Right now, it's the spring of 2022 and so it's the perfect time to list your home, but summer is also a great time too and fall has been good as well in the last couple years. ANYTIME is a good time to list your home but if you have time to plan, think seriously when you want it to hit the market.
- Have a strategy: you want to have a listing market strategy. How are you going to tell the world of that your house is for sale? You want to put a sign in the yard, that'll let your neighbors know You need to go beyond people who will drive by and reach everybody outside your town, outside your state, outside your country even. Plan to get it on the internet. Make sure you have pictures and I also recommend video to make sure buyers can see your house in all the different ways, not just the paint color and the flooring type but also see how the floor plan is laid out. Have a marketing strategy: think about the reasons that you bought your home. Why did you like that area? Why did you like the location? What did you love about the interior of the house? All those things you should be telling buyers about - they will likely buy it themselves for the same reason!
- Use a professional! In all the areas I mentioned, there are professionals: cleaning, landscaping, staging, organizing, inspectors, repairmen. Make sure you use a licensed and insured professional so if a mistake is made, they will come back and fix it and build your trust in them. You want to know when you hire them, they're going to do the work correctly.
So, if you are looking for a professional, feel free to call or email me or text me and I can give you a list of local people that do these things. Also, here is some information you can print out to help you tackle the 7 ways to sell your home faster!